Upcoming Certificate Courses
Accredited Certificate Course
CERTIFICATE COURSE IN HUMAN RIGHTS AND GOVERNANCE
Hekima University College will be offering five days intensive (30 hours) accredited certificate course in Human
Rights and Governance from July 15 -19th, 2019. The course concentrates on the following areas:
• Fundamentals of Human Rights: principles, norms and standards
• Governance principles: accountability, transparency and participation
• Contemporary Challenges of Human Rights and Governance
Purpose: The course aims at imparting professionalism in Human rights and Governance work for optimum benefits. It will provide participants with the knowledge and the competences required to protect and promote human rights in multi-level governance contexts, locally to internationally. Participants develop the capabilities and skills necessary to analyze, assess and manage complex political and socio- economic phenomena and their impact on the fundamental rights of all persons, mainly the most vulnerable ones.
Target Group: The programme targets staff of international and national NGOs, as well as governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations working in the fields of development, human rights, stabilization and recovery, conflict resolution, confidence and security building measures, democratization, and social empowerment, gender and peacebuilding.
The applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
• A good command of English,
• Must have at least Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
Venue: Hekima Institute of Peace Studies and International Relations, Riara Road, Nairobi
Total Cost of the programme: Registration Fees: 2,000 KES ($20) non refundable
Applicants can choose one of the following options:
1. Tuition Fees: 18,700 KES
2. Tuition Fees and meals (10:00 am tea, lunch, 4pm tea): 23,700 KES ( $237)
3. Tuition and accommodation for five days: 18,700 + 22,500 = 41,200 KES ( $ 412)
For application or more information, please use the following contacts:
Who we are
Physical Address: Riara Road, off Ngong Road
Tel: +254 20 386 0109 | +254 20 3860102
Mobile: +254 72 9755905