The Institute of Peace Studies and International Relations (HIPSIR) of Hekima University College, Nairobi, Kenya is organizing and hosting the 7th Annual Student led conference which is a one-day conference on the 18th October 2019 on the theme - The Scramble for Africa in the 21st Century: Challenges and Opportunities – to make an in-depth exploration of the topic under the following sub-themes:
1. The Africa continental free trade area: An answer to Africa's trade and development issues?
2. Migration, human trafficking and modern slavery; A new African reality
3. The impact of foreign aid/development loans on Africa's development
4. Representation of Africa in the media today
5. Xenophobia and Ultra-nationalism: An emerging Trend in Africa
6. The role extraction industry plays in modern economy in Africa
The purpose of this conference is to bring together students from various higher learning Institutions, with diverse areas of study, to explore the place of Africa in the contemporary Society while creatively looking at how the Africans can take advantage of the new wave of Exploration in the continent.
It is therefore our pleasure to invite graduate and post-graduate students who would like to Present papers on any of the sub-themes above to submit an abstract of no more than 250 Words by the latest 30th September 2019.
For further information or any inquiry, please call the numbers above or send an email to