Doctorate Studies in Moral Theology (Social Studies)
« The Rwanda Church and the Challenge of Reconciliation. » In The Catholic Church and the Nation State : Comparative Perspectives, Edited by Paul Christopher Manuel, Chap. 10, Washington, DC : Georgetown University Press, 2006.
« Between Justice and Reconciliation: Paths Towards Complementarity. » In Practicing Reconciliation, Doing Justice, Building Peace : Conversations on Catholic Theological Ethics in Africa, Edited by Agbonkhianmenghe E. Orobator, SJ, 43-47, Nairobi : Paulines Publications Africa, 2013.
1. Elisee Rutagambwa, S.J., « The Rwanda Church : From Division to Reconciliation, »
A Paper presented at the Seminar on “The Churches in a time of Genocide: Rwanda,
1994,” in London, UK, March 22-24, 2003.
2. Elisee Rutagambwa, S.J., « Rwanda : Rising from the Ashes of Genocide, » A paper presented at Saint Joseph University in Philadelphia on October 17th, 2006.
3. Elisee Rutagambwa, S.J. « The Politics of Memory, Justice and Reconciliation in the Rwandan Post-Genocide Context, » A Paper Presented at The First International Cross-Cultural Conference for Catholic Theological Ethicists, in Padua, Italy, July 8-11, 2006.
4. Elisee Rutagambwa, S.J., « International Inaction in Rwanda : a Departing Point for a Postcolonial African Inquiry.” A Paper Presented at the Conference on Genocide organized by the Pan-african and Ethnic Studies Department at California State University, Sacramento. November 2-3, 2007.
5. Elisee Rutagambwa, S.J., « Overcoming Classification by Deconstructing Colonial Divisive Mechanisms and their Modern Patterns. » A Paper Presented at the International Conference on Genocide Prevention, Dehumanization and Denial at Lemigo Hotel, organized by the National Center for the Fight Against Genocide, in Kigali, on December 18th, 2012.
6. Elisee Rutagambwa, S.J., « Linking Peace, Justice and Reconciliation, » A Paper presented at an Expert Conference on Civic Education and Peace Building, organized by the German Akademie Caritas-Pirckheimer-Haus and the African Institute for Integral Psychology at Umubano Hotel, in Kigali on February 20-21rst, 2015.
7. Elisee Rutagambwa, S.J., « The Role of Education in Genocide Prevention, » A Paper Presented at The 8th Annual International Conference on Peace and Security in the Great Lakes Region, organized by The Center for Conflicts Management at the University of Rwanda, June 13-14th, 2016.
AREAS OF INTERESTS
Ethics, Human Rights, Catholic Social Teaching, Political Theology, Post-colonial and Genocides Studies.
Doctoral Studies in Moral Theology (Social Ethics)